Security cameras backed by smart software.
San Mateo, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Your day-to-day in this role will be multifaceted. Not only will you serve as the face of the company in welcoming all visitors as they step into our office, but you will also help manage the physical space and the ongoing needs of a day-to-day office experience. This role provides an incredible opportunity to break into one of the fastest growing unicorn tech companies in the world and provide immediate impact. By taking on the position of Receptionist you will be able to demonstrate your ability to proactively address the company’s needs and, should a mutual fit arise, ultimately pivot into the next role of your career and grow alongside Verkada.
- Serve as the primary liaison for entrants to the building
- Proactively maintain reception area and all common areas
- Keep detailed and accurate records of visitor requests and received calls
- Receive deliveries; sort and distribute incoming mail, physically and electronically
- Maintain stock of office supplies and refreshments and reorder as necessary
- Answer and direct phone calls in a cordial and professional manner
- Ensure the office experience is a positive one for all employees and visitors
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in an office environment
- Proficient in G-Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar)
- Strong interpersonal/phone skills
- Demonstrated ability to receive and triage multiple requests
- Comfortable multitasking and prioritizing tasks without guidance
- Ability to proactively address issues as they arise
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build IoT security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well. Verkada has raised over $140 million from backers including Sequoia Capital, First Round, Meritech, and Siemens.
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.