Security cameras backed by smart software.
Senior Lead UX Designer
San Mateo, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades — and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Everything at Verkada begins with design. Every part of our product experience is carefully crafted to be simple, elegant, and powerful. As a UX designer, you will be responsible for delivering best-in-class web-based and mobile tools (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You’ll work with product managers, designers, and engineers to design our software, from defining a product vision to tweaking pixels before each release.
- Craft end-to-end user flows with brand identity and provide low-fidelity wireframes to high-fidelity polished mock-ups.
- Become a problem-solver for interface issues that may occur during implementation, and ensure a simple user experience throughout the product.
- Consistently improve the product design according to user requirements and business needs, and quickly iterate designs for final sign-off.
- Effectively present your design concepts and strategy to peers and key stakeholders.
- Initiate and participate in user research as needed on key projects.
- Work closely as a team player with cross-functional teams to align with business and product strategies, while maintaining a UX design consistency across all platforms and screens.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent.
- 5+ years working experience in a related area; experience in both interaction and visual design is preferred.
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and desktop design, as well as working knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to present well and explain design solutions to key stakeholders.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
More Jobs at Verkada
- Channel Sales Manager - Northern California US San Mateo, CA, US
- Enterprise Solutions Engineer - The Carolinas Raleigh, NC, US
- Enterprise Solutions Engineer - Greater Toronto Area Toronto, CA
- Enterprise Solutions Engineer - Greater Minneapolis-Saint Paul Area Minneapolis, MN, US