Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
United States of America
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Clover is building a new kind of health insurance company—one focused on delivering better health outcomes for our members through deep engagement with physicians. Achieving this requires pulling apart and rethinking the way an insurance company works; soup to nuts and then some. As a member of the Programs team, you'll help us rebuild, redesign, and implement the systems, processes, and teams that help Clover succeed. The Programs team works at the forefront of Clover’s fast-moving strategic priorities, addressing operational challenges and enabling innovation.
As a Programs team member, you will partner with leaders in operations, finance, product and engineering teams to implement new systems, workflows and capabilities for Clover. You will move quickly and keep a cross-functional team aligned on high level vision and detailed execution goals. You will drive core system implementations from scoping through to delivery and will ensure the work is well-understood, is properly staffed, and is executed successfully across multiple departments. You will use your strategic and critical thinking skills to drive long term plans while working on multiple, highly-detailed projects that are critical to Clover's success.
As a Program Manager, you will:
- Provide end-to-end oversight and guidance for Clover's core, cross-functional initiatives.
- Monitor the planned versus expected outcomes to ensure realization of the expected ROI.
- Build and maintain timelines, role and responsibility matrices, project plans and trackers, and communication artifacts to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information.
- Work closely with business analysts and team-based project managers to ensure alignment across needs and functions for several of Clover's critical systems.
- Collaborate with leaders across the entire organization to understand first principles.
- Help drive strategic alignment between Clover implementation and delivery teams while rolling out large, cross-functional process and workflow changes.
- Report up to leadership emergent risks and opportunities, recommending solutions that will impact the entire company.
You will love this job if:
- You enjoy messy problems and working with diverse teams to solve.
- You are highly analytical and hypothesis driven, anchoring on data to drive first principles thinking.
- You are structured and organized in the way you think about the work at hand and know how to prioritize.
- You know how to navigate large, cross-functional challenges with professionalism and enthusiasm.
- You know how to build trust quickly and mobilize resources when you need them.
- You are an excellent facilitator - meetings are expensive and should be useful.
- You believe the best project management infrastructure is the one that serves the company and project; while you are familiar with the various methodologies, it's best to iterate with the team.
You should get in touch if:
- You have 5+ years of experience in management consulting, business operations, and/or internal transformation.
- You have a demonstrated track record of delivering complex projects and programs with cross functional teams.
- You have experience working on core health system implementations (claims, membership, billing, etc).
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, with sufficient technical and operational capabilities to communicate with multiple teams at every level of an organization.
- You are able to work independently and communicate effectively across multiple states and time zones.
- You have some SQL skills and are willing to learn some more on the job.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.