Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
United States of America
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We don't just provide health insurance—we deliver the kind of healthcare that people deserve. The Actuarial team at Clover is made up of collaborative and strategic thinkers that are excited about the impact technology can have on healthcare. We're looking for Actuaries who are interested in taking the actuarial discipline into the new era.
The Principal Actuary will be Clover’s foremost actuarial subject matter expert for Medicare Part D and lead actuarial aspects of Clover’s Part D products. This individual will be the primary point of contact for internal stakeholders and external consultants regarding key Part D finance and actuarial initiatives. This is a unique opportunity to develop a vision for what Part D financial analysis and reporting should look like at an innovative health plan, execute that vision, and be highly visible in doing so. The ideal candidate will have deep Part D subject matter expertise and will embrace contributing in both individual and management capacities.
As a Principal Actuary, you will:
- Contribute significantly to Part D bidding by working with internal business partners and facilitating the work of external bidding consultants.
- Help evaluate potential expansion into new geographies and/or lines of business
- Coordinate Part D aspects of ongoing forecasting activities, including rolling quarterly forecast, annual budget forecasts, PBM negotiation support, etc.
- Develop monthly/quarterly processes to estimate financial accruals for Part D subsidies.
- Solicit cross-functional feedback on how actuarial estimates can better support decision making across the organization.
- Serve as an advisor to senior management regarding Part D issues, including product design, regulatory changes, etc
You will love this job if:
- You welcome the opportunity to develop a vision for new in-house actuarial capabilities.
- Enjoy supporting a broad and diverse scope of Part D actuarial activities.
- You enjoy working with Medicare Part D and are looking to expand your domain knowledge in this space through independent learning.
- You are analytical and strategic and love working in a collaborative, transparent work environment.
You should get in touch if:
- You are an Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.
- You have at least 6 years of relevant actuarial experience in a health plan or consultancy.
- Bonus points for meaningful experience supporting reserving or actuarial financial reporting.
- Basic coding skills including SQL, VBA, and/or SAS. Bonus points for other languages such as Python or R.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.