Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
United States of America
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We don't just provide health insurance—we deliver the kind of healthcare that people deserve. The Actuarial team at Clover is made up of collaborative and strategic thinkers that are excited about the impact technology can have on healthcare. We're looking for Actuaries who are interested in taking the actuarial discipline into the new era.
The Manager or Senior Manager will be a leader on our Actuarial team and manage our reserving/valuation projects and various actuarial contributions financial reporting. This individual will lead a small team that will, starting with a blank slate, create Clover’s reserving and actuarial reporting processes. This is a unique opportunity to formulate a vision and turn it into a reality. The ideal candidate will have well-rounded health plan reserving/valuation knowledge, as well as meaningful experience with the Medicare Part D program for individuals.
As an Actuarial Manager, you will:
- Lead the actuarial reserving processes including the preparation of monthly/quarterly accruals for IBNR, Part D, Premium Deficiency Reserves, etc.
- Partner with Finance to record estimates and support the actuarial aspects of financial reporting and audits.
- Prepare and present information regarding key actuarial financial drivers to senior executives on a monthly basis.
- Solicit cross-functional feedback on how actuarial estimates can better support decision making across the organization.
- Support various analysis and reporting activities pertaining to Clover’s Medicare Part D products.
- Participate in diverse non-valuation actuarial activities on an ad hoc basis. Examples might include analyses related to pricing, forecasting, trend analysis, etc.
- Manage a small team, including building the team’s domain knowledge and facilitating it’s professional development
You will love this job if:
- You welcome the opportunity to develop and implement a vision for new in-house actuarial capabilities.
- You are interested in developing repeatable, efficient, automated processes for reserving and reporting.
- You enjoy working with Medicare Part D and are looking to expand your domain knowledge in this space.
- You are analytical and strategic and love working in a collaborative, transparent work environment.
You should get in touch if:
- You are an Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.
- You have at least 6 years of relevant actuarial experience in a health plan or consultancy.
- Bonus points for meaningful experience supporting actuarial aspects of Medicare Part D for individuals.
- Basic coding skills including SQL, VBA, and/or SAS. Bonus points for other languages such as Python or R.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.