Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
United States of America
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build the future. Our IT philosophy is one of excellence and empowerment, we develop strong partnerships that are effective where success is an iterative method to solutions and processes. We are an innovative team focused on generating long-term value. Our IT Team adopts a collaborative approach to enabling new business capabilities.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Integration Engineer to join our Data Integrations team. In this role, you will be an integral member of the team building, maintaining and supporting our new Plan Data Warehouse. You will work closely with vendors and other members of the Data Integrations team to help define the tools, processes and procedures that will govern our Data Warehouse solution. You should have extensive experience leading data warehousing projects with advanced knowledge in data cleansing, ingestion, ETL and data governance.
As a Senior Data Integration Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate closely with operational, IT and vendor partners to understand the data landscape and contribute to the vision, development and implementation of the Data Warehouse solution.
- Recommend technologies & tools to support the future state architecture.
- Develop standards, processes and procedures that align with best practices in data governance & data management.
- Understand logical and physical data modeling, load and query performance.
- Create and manage ETL packages, triggers, stored procedures, views, and SQL transactions.
- Develop new secure data feeds with external parties as well as internal applications.
- Perform regular analysis and QA, diagnose ETL and database related issues, perform root cause analysis, and recommend corrective actions to management.
- Work with the project team to support the design, development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of new ETL programs.
- Coach and mentor other data engineers as needed.
You will love this job if:
- You are a great communicator and are able to effectively communicate across different teams and upward to senior leadership.
- You are a strategic prioritizer, and able to identify where and when to focus your energy.
- You are a problem solver and like getting your hands dirty with the details of a gnarly problem.
- You love data and using it to make metric-driven decisions.
- You are passionate about healthcare and opportunities for improving the lives of insurance members.
You should get in touch if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field along with 7+ years of experience in ETL programming utilizing SSIS packages, DTS, stored procedures, and SQL scripts.
- You have 7+ years of demonstrated professional experience in IT development and support roles. Professional experience in a healthcare setting is required. Health Plan knowledge is required, Medicare preferred.
- You have experience working in a Unix-based system including the ability to read and perform basic maintenance on shell scripts. Experience with Informatica and Automate tools a plus.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.