Associate - Operational Improvement
Southern, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Embark is a San Francisco/ SoCal based team building self-driving semi trucks. We believe this technology will transform the trucking industry by saving lives, cutting delivery times in half, and decreasing costs by 30%.
We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B).
We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
About the Role
Our operations team is responsible for the day-to-day testing of our fleet of autonomous trucks. We are looking for an Associate who will tackle key strategic, and process improvement projects within our operations. The ideal candidate is a generalist with a proven track record project ownership, and delivering outstanding results. This is a high impact role where you will play a big part in shaping how the operations team scales.
What you’ll do
Safety & Efficiency are critical operational objectives. In this role you will take ownership of projects across operations to:
· Support strategic initiatives for the operations of Embark’s autonomous fleet
· Identify opportunities for efficiency and safety improvements
· Solve operational problems to unlock improvements in efficiency and safety
· Design processes and tools to improve operational efficiency and safety
· Support implementation of process improvements and change management efforts
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Science, Business or Economics
· +1-3 years of experience in management consulting, private equity, industrial engineering, or process engineering
· A history of delivering breakthrough improvements and working on hard problems you see from start to finish
· A history of implementing procedural and organizational changes which affect a range of stakeholders
Key Skills and Attributes to be Successful in This Role
· Excellent critical thinking decision making skills
· Ability to take a first principles approach to problem solving
· Takes data driven approach to decision making, evaluating costs and benefits and alternatives
· Comfortable navigating ambiguous and open-ended problems
· Focuses on results, and connects actions to the bigger picture
· Has a mindset of continuous growth, and that there is always room for improvement
· Encourages feedback, and sees the value in using it regularly
· Self-driven with the ability to multitask and prioritize with changes in scale, scope, and project deadlines
· Excellent communication, negotiation and organizational skills
· Ability to understand and communicate technical problems
· A full time, competitive salary with equity
· Flexible paid vacation from the start
· 100% of the base insurance option covered for Medical, Dental, and Vision and a buy-up option for other plans
· Life insurance covered by Embark
· Access to a Flexible Spending Account & 401K Plan
· Snacks & catered lunches
· Work in a fast-growing startup revolutionizing transportation as we know it
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and are ready to be part of a great team working to make the future of autonomous driving a reality, apply today!
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.