online trucking marketplace
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enable freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
What You'll Do
- Be the voice of the Accounting Payable/Accounting Team to various client groups, and champion world-class service!
- Act as a Lead in the area of accounts payable (AP) general expense accounting
- Daily Reviews of AP Coordinator’s transactions in NetSuite
- Perform Purchase Order review to general expense invoice processing, as applicable
- Act as Lead - for escalation issues relating general expense vendors
- Maintain Vendor Management in NetSuite - TIN/Entity Status Verification
- Weekly Review of Vendor Ledger Aging and Analysis
- Weekly review of GL posting transactions
- Weekly Cash Disbursement Request
- Assist with Metric review - Outsourcing team members’ productivity
- Ensure AP general expense department obtain proper approvals for Invoices
- Ensure AP general expense department obtain proper approvals for Payments
- Ensure that all bills/invoices have proper account G/L and department coding
- Employee Expense Reimbursement and Credit Card Management
- Ensure Department receipts are received
- Pay vendors by scheduling ICA payable/ACH/Wire
- Ensuring payment is received for outstanding credits
- Ensure Vendor banking information is approved and updated
- Respond to all vendor inquiries regarding general expense
- Assist with Accessorial Payment (Per Diem/Detention) processing
- Must be highly dependable and detail-oriented with the ability to manage many tasks with a minimum of 7 years of A/P experience and/or 4 years experience with a Bachelor's Degree.
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail) MS Office (Excel and Word), Netsuite or other accounting systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Logistics, transportation, or freight industry experience is preferred, but not required.
- Excited and flexible to be part of a fast paced and high growth business environment!
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Salary
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry