online trucking marketplace
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enable freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
What You'll Do
- Be the voice of the Accounting Payable/Accounting Team to various client groups, and champion world-class service!
- Act as a Lead in the area of accounts payable Driver/Carrier Pay
- Daily Reviews of AP Coordinator’s transactions in Profit Tool/ BackEnd-Atlas/NetSuite
- Review External processing platforms to ensure loads have been processed
- Review exceptions
- Act as Lead for escalation issues relating general expense vendors
- Weekly Review of Vendor Ledger Aging and Analysis
- Daily/Weekly Cash Disbursement Request
- Asist with Metric review - Outsourcing team members’ productivity
- Pay vendors by scheduling ICApayable/ACH/Wire
- Ensuring payment is received for outstanding credits
- Ensure Vendor banking information is approved and updated
- Respond to all Driver/Carrieviewer vendor inquiries regarding driver related issues
- Assist with Chassis Audit/Review/Payment (other accessorial) process
- Must be highly dependable and detail-oriented with the ability to manage many tasks.
- Must have a minimum 5 years and/or 2 years experience with a Bachelor's Degree.
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail) MS Office (Excel and Word), Netsuite or other accounting systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expense accrual experience preferred.
- Logistics, transportation, or freight industry experience is preferred, but not required.
- Excited and flexible to be part of a fast paced and high growth business environment!
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Salary
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry