Rec Room is an augmented and virtual reality software company.
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all!
As a Game Designer at Rec Room you will work at all levels of the design process - from building consensus and inspiring people toward goals to crafting systems, content, and user-experiences of individual features. You will collaborate across disciplines and teams through all phases of the design process. And you will balance the needs of the company, your team, and most importantly the players.
- Own and drive new features end to end. From the pitch, iteration, and ship, all the way through to upkeep in our live service
- Design new features that work well across a variety of diverse platforms (phones, consoles, VR, etc.)
- Utilize a broad range of game design techniques to deliver engaging features to our player community.
- Transform your ideas into well-thought-out designs, clearly communicated with just enough documentation, wireframes, flows, and spreadsheets.
- Use a mix of data and player feedback to test and iterate on live features
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH:
- 5+ years of game design experience
- 2+ years of experience leading teams and owning game systems.
- A portfolio including shipped games
- A strong user lens - the ability to see the game through players’ eyes
- The ability to work autonomously in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments.
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to onboard and work remotely, until we return to the office, located in Seattle, WA.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with Unity
- A systems design background
- Experience designing engagement and social mechanics in games
- Experience designing games for mobile/touch devices
- Experience with live services and rapid-deployment
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec room respects employee's personal lives and we value work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to ensure a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.