Instant threat analysis for enterprise cloud environments.
SecurityScorecard is an industry-leading cybersecurity company backed by Google, Sequoia, and Riverwood. Our mission is to make the world a safer place. We measure your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of "A" through "F" based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. Our Comprehensive security ratings, advanced data analytics, and actionable insights discover Third-Party Vulnerabilities & Security Gaps In Real-Time.
Headquartered in NYC with over 200+ employees globally, raised over $110M USD, used by 1,000+ enterprise customers, and rating 1.5 million companies. We have created a new category of enterprise software, and our culture has helped us be recognized as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row. Our vision is to create a new language for companies and their partners to communicate, understand, and improve each other’s security posture.
About the team
SecurityScorecard's Sales Engineering team are trusted security advisors and business partners both internally and to prospective clients, offering deep knowledge about the market and our solution. We are intellectually curious, find great reward in delivering valuable solutions to customers, and are passionate about cybersecurity.
As a Sales Engineer, you will partner with Field Sales Directors in the Southeastern region throughout the sales relationship lifecycle to build solutions to address specific customer security needs. Key to the role is communicating the value proposition of SecurityScorecard's platform and suite of solutions, positioning SecurityScorecard effectively against competing offerings. You'll also collaborate cross functionally, providing customer feedback to product teams to inform roadmap.
Success in this role requires security and technical acumen to develop a deep understanding of SecurityScorecard's architecture and services and a consultative approach to understanding customer business needs. You'll leverage your strategic communication skills to engage in technical and business discussions with engineers and senior decision makers alike, translating customer needs into technical requirements and conveying the merit of SecurityScorecard's solutions throughout.
- Serve as the domain expert on SecurityScorecard solutions throughout the sales lifecycle
- Provide specific solution/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support for major potential accounts
- Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects
- Maintain area or operation responsibilities for selected major account opportunities
- Maintain product roadmaps and alignment between the customer and relevant business entities
- Devise, present and document technical solutions
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3+ years of technical sales or pre-sales experience in cybersecurity, or as a cybersecurity practitioner who desires to grow a career in a client facing role
- Industry recognized certifications such as a CISSP, GIAC, etc. a plus
- Demonstrated presentation and interpersonal skills; communicate in front of large groups with a mixed audience of technical and non-technical
- Highly motivated self starter who works well independently
- Intellectually curious; seeks to continually self-educate and evolve domain specific knowledge
- Willing to travel on day and overnight trips in Southeastern region of US
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.