Instant threat analysis for enterprise cloud environments.
United States of America
SecurityScorecard is an industry-leading cybersecurity company backed by Google, Sequoia, and Riverwood. Our mission is to make the world a safer place. We measure your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of "A" through "F" based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. Our Comprehensive security ratings, advanced data analytics, and actionable insights discover Third-Party Vulnerabilities & Security Gaps In Real-Time.
Headquartered in NYC with over 200+ employees globally, raised over $110M USD, used by 1,000+ enterprise customers, and rating 1.5 million companies. We have created a new category of enterprise software, and our culture has helped us be recognized as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row. Our vision is to create a new language for companies and their partners to communicate, understand, and improve each other’s security posture.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our international team, support our immediate initiative to deliver simplified, end-to-end workflows and clear, compelling, intelligent action plans. As a member of a cross-functional product team trio, you will be responsible for gaining deep insight into our users' behaviors and needs through user research and product discovery, as well as identifying and communicating opportunities for innovation and differentiation. You will also be responsible for designing the behavior (interactions) and visual interface of new product features and improving the usability and design of existing product features. If your UX experience or interest does not go beyond aesthetics, this may not be the role for you.
We are lead by a team-authored operating agreement that defines roles and responsibilities, and expectations and behaviors for ourselves and each other.
Our guiding principles:
- Start with the problem.
- Think big. Start small. Learn fast.
- Design in the open.
- Ship to learn.
- What you ship is what matters.
- Participate in user research to guide product design decisions (contextual inquiry, usability testing, competitive analysis etc.) and collaborate/communicate results to the teams.
- Collaborating on project briefs and writing job stories.
- Create flows, wireframes, prototypes, diagrams, and design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Help refine the architecture, user interface, product features, and end-to-end experience for new features/functionality.
- Use our established design and visual patterns to strengthen consistency across our product suite; when necessary innovate and expand standards to create world-class experiences.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of managers, marketers, and engineers to help define business and feature requirements; analyze empirical data, usability findings, market research, and proven UX principles to justify and prioritize these requirements.
- Present design work to teams and managers for review and feedback.
- Assess and optimize the effectiveness of new and existing features by actively participating in usability testing and user research, and interpreting analytical data.
- Help create/influence/establish internal UI design pattern standards across different projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in the study of design including one of the following: Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- 7 or more years experience in the design field.
- Intermediate understanding of the UX lifecycle with intermediate proficiency in skill areas and tools, including facilitation of workshops or other collaboration techniques to drive momentum and credibility within the organization.
- Customer-focused, with intermediate proficiency and experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights.
- Experience with resources such as; pattern library, repositories and internal communication tools.
- Experience with SaaS enterprise applications.
- Hands-on experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods—including ethnographic field research, lab and remote usability testing, rapid iterative testing and evaluation, and participatory design.
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides.
- Experience presenting to and influencing people, from other designers and stakeholders to senior executive management.
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently.
- Impressive communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- A collaborative attitude, excellent teamwork skills, and experience mentoring or coaching others.
- The ability to ideate rapidly and creatively.
- A willingness to discard or revisit ideas that aren’t working.
- A laser-focus on making measurable impact.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.