Provides an incredibly simple payments API with associated merchant account setup.
Seattle, WA, US
New York City, NY, US
There are far too many barriers to doing business online. Stripe was founded to overcome them—to increase the GDP of the Internet—and we think that achieving this is a problem rooted not just in finance, but in creativity of code and design.
Our substantive goal is to craft economic change. We’re designing infrastructure, products, surfaces, literature—all to help our users start, run, and grow an online business from anywhere in the world. We’re looking for a diverse group of people to join us.
Design is involved in almost everything Stripe does—from our events and brand voice, to our web and mobile products, and even printed publications like Stripe Press. Stripe’s main audience is other people who build products; on their behalf we agonize over the details. We want our user experiences to become second nature.
About the Web Presence & Platform team
The Web Presence & Platform (WPP) team at Stripe is a group of interactive designers, front-end specialists, web strategists, platform engineers, and every skill set in-between. We design and build stripe.com and other sites that amount to what is, for many, their first impression of Stripe.
We want to make every pixel count, we want it to be enthralling, and we want to help other Stripes seamlessly benefit from our systematic work.
About the role
As a Content Platform engineer, you’ll build out our integrations with our various systems such as our headless CMS and TMS, help build our performant rendering stack, tailor our CI, and design and build self-serve tooling components. Your work will directly contribute to the serving of pages like stripe.com/billing and stripe.com/connect, and the frameworks you help build will be used by non-technical partners to allow them to build pages like stripe.com/checkout that are high quality and error-free by default.
You’ll architect your work with rendering performance and scalability in mind, and implement abstractions that other engineers consume and build upon. At other times you’ll work closely with folks in our partner Experiences group to scope and implement infrastructure and tooling that helps other people build pages using your code.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A zeal for the web as a storytelling medium, demonstrable through a portfolio of high-profile and/or high-traffic websites where you have worked to separate content from layout using techniques like content management or static site builders.
- 4+ years of relevant web full-stack or SSR development for marketing websites at a tech-forward, product-driven company
- A demonstrable ability to communicate your software architecture designs using documentation and crisp visualization
- Experience building public facing websites that work elegantly across commonly used browsers
- Help shape our content infrastructure to support Stripe.com and other Stripe properties
- Write code that wires together our TMS, front-end components and content with scale and performance in mind
- Occasionally help other engineers on the team architect and implement the tools and infrastructure which powers Stripe’s go-to-market plans
- [If a remote candidate] Have prior experience as a remote member of a distributed team
- Help you focus on what you do best, and give you the opportunities to sharpen the skills you’re looking to develop
- Provide an environment in which you can thrive both as an individual, and as a member of a diverse community
- Give you the agency in your work to shape outcomes you can proudly own
Please include these in your application:
- An online portfolio or compendium of example web projects you’ve built
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences
- A short paragraph on why you’ll flourish at Stripe