Lets people listen to music, sports and news from around the world.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Description / Skills Required
TuneIn is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current employees, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Meet TuneIn Engineering
We value being a top-notch engineering organization and have the same high standards as our code and people. We abide by the following principles:
We make time for quality
We are agile and pragmatic
We keep it simple
We are data-driven
We love getting better
The more verbose version can be found here: https://github.com/tunein/engineering/blob/master/Principles.md
We regularly invest time in your future and support growth, and we show this in a number of ways—clear job responsibilities and expectations for your career path, freedom to move teams, Mission Teams to contribute more broadly, and our quarterly Discovery Days, whereby you spend time in the form of building innovative features, products, or approaches to problems ("hackathon" like); addressing nagging issues or problems that take time away from adding value to TuneIn, or simply learning a new technology.
About TuneIn DevOps
The DevOps Team is responsible for providing the platform and tools that the Engineering team depends on for deploying and running TuneIn’s applications and services in a highly reliable and scalable way. TuneIn embraces a focus on automation in order to increase test and release velocity and reliability, utilizing microservices to get new products and features into the hands of our customers as quickly as possible in a competitive market environment. Additionally, we have our team members work closely with the various Engineering teams to be involved in product/feature planning to avoid unforeseen roadblocks. We ensure the right technologies are chosen to solve whatever challenges come TuneIn’s way in order to optimize the performance of the platform. Current major technologies in use to enable the team and company include AWS, Kubernetes (EKS), ECS, Spinnaker, Terraform, Rancher, TeamCity, Sumo Logic, Datadog, Jira, Confluence, and OpsGenie.
Who You Are
- You have a strong DevOps background and familiarity with the latest tools
- You like being an integral contributor and visionary in driving an organization forward technologically when you find new solutions to data problems
- You believe in being nimble and failing fast as a means to help an organization turn quickly when requirements or scope changes
- Your communication skills enable you to effectively embed yourself with other teams to work with them on making the right choices as they build services
- You are security-minded and build secure infrastructure from the ground up
- You show a strong sense of ownership and can design and take a project through completion
What You'll Do
- Work with some of the latest software like Kubernetes and Spinnaker Participate in other DevOps team projects as determined in sprint schedules - expand your skills by taking on other projects/tasks that need solving Work with the NOC team to develop the right monitoring - alerts, thresholds, performance indicators - for all of TuneIn’s cloud-based services so that the company can be proactive about addressing performance or other issues before they affect our customers
- Build continuous deployment/integration tools and pipelines and believe in rapid, easy, and frequent deployment schedules
- Want to continuously improve systems, processes, and documentation
- Work to automate everything
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to develop effective solutions rapidly
- Integrate with an international team to quickly move on projects around the clock
- Respond to production incidents, troubleshoot, resolve, and document.
- Participate in an on-call rotation roughly every four weeks (alternating primary and secondary. Overnights are covered by the offshore team)
- 5+ years of experience in a DevOps team that uses agile development practices
- 5+ years of experience building a Cloud-based infrastructure with products like Terraform or Cloudformation. using “Infrastructure as Code” and “GitOps” philosophies
- Strong experience with Amazon AWS (EKS, EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Elastic Load Balancing, Autoscaling, etc.) at scale.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Docker for building and deploying containers, and running in a production environment.
- Deep experience on scaling web architectures
- Solid scripting skills in Python, Bash, or Ruby
Nice To Have
- Strong AWS Security skills
- Experience creating build and releases pipelines
- Amazon AWS Certifications (Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer, or Security Tracks)
- Experience using Spotinst to control costs, enable flexible autoscaling, and more
TuneIn, the leading live streaming and on-demand audio service, brings together live sports, news, music, podcasts and radio from around the globe. With 75 million monthly active users, TuneIn is one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations, and boasts more than 5.7 million podcasts. With premiere distribution across 200 platforms and connected devices, TuneIn empowers listeners to ‘hear’ what they love wherever ‘here’ might be. TuneIn Premium subscribers also unlock exclusive access to commercial-free news from top networks like CNBC, CNN, FOX News Radio and MSNBC, as well as commercial-free music channels for every mood and activity. With venture funding from Sequoia Capital, Comcast Ventures, IVP, Innovation Endeavors, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures and Marker LLC, TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within TuneIn. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.