Our Marketing team is looking for an outstanding senior project manager to lead and build the marketing team’s ongoing strategic, creative and tactical production processes efficiently. This includes driving teams and delivering a holistic, seamless brand experience to our customers across all consumer channels.
As Senior Project Manager, you will work closely with Marketing’s Advertising Team, Design Team and Media + Growth Channels to manage the full life cycle of Marketing initiatives from proposal through delivery. The ideal candidate (you!) takes ownership of this process - like a conductor in an orchestra.
You are detail focused, extremely organized, solution focused, proactive and able to manage multiple deadlines and priorities. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who wants to exercise both their strategic and detail-oriented muscles, and who likes to take the initiative to always be five steps ahead. This role will report to the Director of Advertising and Media.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
You live for executing process and deadlines with teams, love to inspire and mobilize teams even when deadlines are short and embrace working with other departments in an organization. You are excited by optimizing and innovating on processes, addressing challenges with a variety of solutions and finding your way through obstacles to meet deadlines with collaboration and support. You understand change is constant and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You’re a clear and articulate communicator and a great listener and observer.
Like us, you are mission-driven and passionate about improving health. You’re empathetic, you want to contribute to something meaningful that truly impacts people’s lives, and you’re not afraid to try to break down barriers to make it happen. And most importantly, you are positive. The glass is half full.
What you’ll do
- Manage the full life cycle of major Marketing initiatives from job initiation to project completion without oversight, including creating and tracking project schedules, scheduling and facilitating project meetings and communicating key updates and decisions to stakeholders within Marketing and across the company.
- Liaise with cross-functional teams on project planning for Product, Research and Therapeutics initiatives that impact Marketing.
- Manage prioritization, resource allocation and decision making for all Marketing initiatives, and facilitate weekly discussions with senior department leadership.
- Continually gather stakeholder feedback and optimize planning processes to improve communication, increase efficiency and drive team performance.
- Identify and escalate issues with solutions, options and alternatives brought together by teams.
- Manage a small project management team (one direct report) to accomplish above objectives.
- Coordinate with external creative freelancers, agencies, vendors and partners as needed.
- Additional responsibilities and projects as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of training/experience.
- 6-8+ years of project management experience, preferably in a Marketing department or with a creative team.
- A passion for mentoring and developing more junior project managers, and some prior management experience.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a dynamic, high pressure and fast-paced environment.
- Positive, self-starter attitude with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Clear and effective communicator with strong written, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to write detailed meeting summaries, outlining key decisions and identifying clear next steps and owners.
- Ability to articulate business issues and soundly represent the Marketing department with cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of email, internet, mobile and direct marketing methods.
- Experience using project management software (JIRA, Smartsheets, Microsoft Project Basecamp, etc.) and tools to facilitate planning and team communication.
- A passion for health and healthcare with the belief that there is a better way.
- A passion for helping people and improving lives, globally.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.