Amplitude helps companies build better products.
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
The Privacy & Product Counsel will play a key role on Amplitude’s legal team and will be responsible for driving Amplitude’s privacy program. You must have excellent business judgment and are comfortable balancing the legal risks and the business strategy. You will partner cross-functionally across the company and directly interface with our employees, customers and partners. You will support all aspects of the business. The position will be remote and will report to the VP of Legal.
As a Privacy & Product Counsel, you will:
- Assist in developing and maintaining Amplitude’s privacy program, and related policies, procedures, and training materials
- Partner with the product, engineering, design, and marketing teams, supporting them throughout the product development life cycle and advising on global privacy and other regulatory requirements
- Review marketing and public communications to ensure compliance with federal, state, and other relevant laws
- Remain up-to-date on developments in domestic and international privacy laws, and advise Amplitude on potential impacts as well as update processes as necessary to remain compliant with global privacy laws
- Draft and review a variety of agreements related to data privacy, including vendor and customer agreements
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- 4+ years of privacy law experience, and you have a mix of in-house and law firm experience
- A JD and active membership in at least one state bar
- Experience with privacy and data protection issues, including strong knowledge of global privacy laws, including the CCPA and the GDPR
- Self-starter who can handle a fast-paced and informal start-up environment where there may be a good deal of ambiguity and a bit of controlled chaos
- Collaborative team player with no ego combined with ability to work independently
- You are a great communicator and you know how to talk and write like a human, not a lawyer
- Experience working at a B2B SaaS company
- CIPP certification.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Over twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.