Appier builds AI-based cross screen analytics and targeting platform for business to reach and engage their customers across multiple smart devices.
Appier is a technology company which aims to provide artificial intelligence platforms to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems. Appier was established in 2012 by a passionate team of computer scientists and engineers with expertise in AI, data analysis, distributed systems, and marketing.
About the role
The Data Science Consultant combines deep Data Science/AI expertise with a keen understanding of business practices to increase Appier’s customers’ usage of Appier’s AI products. This is a customer facing role that works closely with Sales and Customer Success to help Appier’s customers succeed with AI.
The Data Science Consultant will have a solid technical understanding of various concepts and models in AI. The ideal candidate will have hands-on, industry experience in applying Data Science models into production, and understands the pros and cons of different solutions. He/she will be able to leverage his/her experience and knowledge to recommend the best use cases for the customers, and drive the execution of the deliverables. Internally, this role will serve as the go-to expert to answer any Data Science/AI related questions from Appier’s Sales and Customer Success teams.
Communication skills are essential for this role. The Data Science consultant is able to easily explain difficult AI concepts to business users of varying technical levels, ranging from C-levels to marketers to other data scientists. This role will also work closely with Marketing and PR to determine the right messaging. He/she will be expected to author blogs, white-papers, and present at events, meetups and conferences.
Task of the role
- Participate in sales cycles and customer implementations to explain the inner workings of Appier’s product and AI offerings
- Identify customer business pain points, and propose creative use cases utilizing on Appier’s AI product and service capabilities
- Drive the delivery of customized analyses and insights to the customer, from initial problem definition, scoping of the project, to final delivery and presentation of the results
- Become an expert with our product suite, able to deliver standard and customized presentations of Appier SaaS enterprise AI solutions and demos to business management
- Work with Product Marketing to develop messaging to speak to audiences of different technical backgrounds and levels
- Evangelize the use of AI in business and Appier’s role as a leader in the AI space through blog posts, meetups, and conferences
- Excellent English presentation and writing skills
- Minimum 5 years applying Data Science/AI in an industry production setting
- MS/PhD in a relevant technical field such as Operations Research, Computer Science, Statistics, Management Science
- Ability to communicate Data Science/AI concepts effectively to customers’ mid/senior management as well as C-level executives
- Ability to propose end-to-end Data Science/AI based solutions to address vague business problems
- Experience with Python, SQL, and one or more BI tools
- Up to 50% travel
[Nice to have]
- Experience in a consulting role
- Familiarity with big data engineering technologies like Spark or Cassandra etc
- Experience in a SaaS and/or B2B product setting
Why join us?
We believe in building a great working environment where passionate individual can give their best, and to work with a talented team. To reward Appiers for their contribution, we also work hard to offer perks and benefits to make their life better
Perks and benefits
- Company office locations at the heart of central business district (CBD) in all our countries.
- Well stocked pantry with snacks and drinks
- Competitive salary
- Equity in one of the most exciting Artificial Intelligence startup in Asia
- Health insurance for all employees
- Your choice between Mac and Microsoft OS
- Frequent company and team gatherings to celebrate success and life in general