Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world's largest and fastest growing marketplaces in eight markets across Southeast Asia, Taiwan, Hong Kong and India. Carousell is backed by Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, Sequoia Capital, and Naspers. The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
We’re looking for an Analytics manager to join the Data organization in Carousell. In this role, you will be partnering with the senior leadership team and key business functions, to drive the analytics practice in Carousell as we seek to leverage data analytics in building a world-class product. You will be entrusted with leading, coaching and developing a team of data analysts focused on different business groups across Carousell countries whilst driving key company metrics.
This role will report into the Head of Analytics & BI.
What are the outcomes and key results of hiring this person:
- Help develop business and category analytics capabilities at Carousell enabling us to partner effectively with Category and Country heads and other key departments
- Drive business impact through data and insights. Co-own business goals and deliver on key initiatives for the organization
- Lead and grow a high-performing team of data analysts aligned with different business groups
- Be a hands-on analytics manager providing coaching and supervision to data analysts to strengthen their data skill sets, both in terms of technical ability and business acumen
- Be a strong partner and subject matter expert in the domain of analytics within the organization. You are obsessed to take ownership on moving the needle on our marketplace metrics, by having a rigorous experimentation mindset and driving high impact user insight analyses driving business decisions.
- Prioritize and drive high-impact projects alongside leadership which are highly impactful for our strategic priorities. This may include projects ranging from category growth, driving revenue and profitability, marketplace health, etc
- Establish processes for business reviews and continuous monitoring of performance against goals
- Establish strong analytics processes and standards to build a culture of self-served analytics and data-driven decision making
- Committed to people development, both technical and career-wise.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working in a data analytics role in a consumer internet or product company, of which 2 years consists of coaching or managing people, is ideal.
- Technically literate - you should have demonstrable understanding/experience of a data query (SQL) or scripting language (e.g. Python) as part of your skillset
- Passionate about analyzing, learning and iterating on product features, business processes and user behavior
- Good knowledge of statistics and predictive modeling.
- Comfortable to collaborate with both engineering or business stakeholders on either technical or business-facing projects in service of the product and user goals. You should possess this duality.
- Highly logical and resourceful in your approach to problem solving - you use 80-20 principles to make prioritization decisions and attack the key problems