An end-to-end sales analytics and forecasting platform.
Head of Value Engineering
United States of America
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
At Clari, we are at the forefront of AI and automation to help companies make better business decisions and improve sales execution with real-time access to actionable analytics and predictive insights. We have been declared as a must-have in establishing revenue confidence for customers during unpredictable times. We're continuing to innovate, collaborate, and push the limits to build the only Connected Revenue Operations Platform and is used by over 50,000 marketing, sales, and customer success professionals across 170 companies such as Okta, Zoom, Medallia, Adobe, and Atlassian. Together, we help others realize their fullest potential by transforming their revenue operations to be connected, efficient, and predictable.
Clari is hiring for a Director of Value Engineering to design & lead all aspects of value engineering for Clari. This role is perfect for someone who is an entrepreneurial self-starter with a strong vision for customer value and loves working in a fast-paced environment. They will build the function from the ground up and work closely with leadership across Sales, Account Management, Customer Success, Product, and Analytics.
- As the first hire of its kind, design and build the value engineering function for Clari
- Build value assessments for each particular Clari use-case; build compelling business cases for executives to answer “Why do anything?”, “Why now?”, “Why Clari?”
- Educate and coach Clari’s Revenue Organization on how to implement value engineering methodology successfully into all customer interactions, pre & post-sales
- Continuously refine Clari’s financial ROI methodology, including tools, deliverables, and offerings.
- Take our competitive battle-cards & peer positioning to the next level through persuasive & concise messaging.
- 7+ years of experience in a Value Engineering, Management Consulting, or Pre-Sales role required
- MBA preferred
- Experience at a high growth, pre-IPO tech SaaS startup
- Must be a self-starter and have a strong vision for what best in class value engineering and the execution to make that vision a reality
- Exceptional business problem solving combined with strong interpersonal skills
- Financial modeling, benchmarking, and quantitative skills and experience developing and defending large-scale capital appropriation requests.
- Outstanding oral and written presentation communication skills; strong command over excel and PowerPoint
- Inspirational leadership qualities and strong experience managing internal and external executive-level relationships (ie CEO, CRO, CFO, etc.)
- Intellectual horsepower and analytical rigor to create actionable insights
- Proactive and relentless. Independently capable of seeking information in an unstructured environment, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations with a quick turnaround.
Benefits and Culture
- Team-bonding activities and company-wide events
- Flexible working hours and remote opportunities
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility support
- College savings plan
- Stock options
You’ll often hear our CEO talk about “Being Remarkable”. To Clari, remarkable means many things. First and foremost, we believe in providing work that’s interesting and meaningful, in an environment that’s nurturing and inclusive, that is free from discrimination for each and every team member without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. Efforts have to be recognized. Voices have to be heard. And work/life balance has to be baked into the very fiber of the company. We are honored to be recognized by Inc. Magazine and Bay Area News Group as a best place to work, several years running. We’d love to have you join us on our journey to remarkable!