Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
United States of America
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Finance team is responsible for accurately reporting the financial results of Clover Health and overall business activities. The team manages financial planning and analysis for external and internal reporting, including supporting company wide goals and initiatives relative to the financial needs of all business lines and cost centers.
We are looking for a dynamic Deputy Chief of Staff (DCoS) to support the Chief Finance Officer (CFO). The DCoS is the right hand to the CFO- deeply communicating across teams within the Finance organization and key stakeholders across the company. This role is a hybrid of operations, finance, project management and process improvement. The DCoS is responsible for keeping the CFO apprised of key initiatives and projects, and jumping in to move things forward wherever necessary. The right person for this role will be metrics and data oriented, creative, passionate, extraordinarily organized, a great communicator and have the ability to influence and manage wide-scale projects.
As a Deputy Chief of Staff, you will:
- Support and build cross-functional relationships with key partners across the organization. Motivate teams and individuals to achieve goals, while enforcing accountability.
- Enable teams to ensure business OKRs and KPIs are met.
- Quantitative approach to solving complex problems. Rely on business acumen, strategic mindset and underlying data to help steer conversations and decision making.
- Ability to understand our core business goals and establish processes or programs to help us move the needle forward.
- Communicate project and initiative status to the CFO, removing roadblocks when possible. Develop work plans and pivot quickly as priorities shift.
- Compile special reports, ad hoc presentations and communications for internal and external stakeholders.
- Handle and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
You will love this job if:
- You dive head first into accepting diverse and challenging assignments with rigor and curiosity.
- You consistently find connections between seemingly unrelated concepts.
- You are able to take an idea or problem that may not necessarily have a defined home within the organization, and go figure it out with little to no direction.
- You have the ability to build a sphere of influence at all levels.
- You identify operational gaps, plug the holes, and just make things work.
- You are innovative, resourceful and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
You should get in touch if:
- You have prior experience with leadership teams, project management and/or operations experience.
- You have direct experience with OKR measurement and management to meet business goals.
- You’re able to spin-up processes and make decisions utilizing data and you have a familiarity with financial statements, calculating core business metrics and a comfort diving deep into research.
- You have the ability to listen and simplify details depending on target audience, strong interpersonal skills and a comfort interfacing with executives, investors, employees, journalists and many others.
- You have proven experience to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Previous startup experience preferred.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.