Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Clover is a Medicare Advantage plan that uses technology to help doctors improve the health of our members.
We currently provide direct clinical care to many health plan members with serious illness and limited life expectancy. To improve advanced care planning in this population, we and our research partners at Harvard have received funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to test if a video decision aid educating patients about resuscitation options such as CPR and hospice improves patients’ quality of life.
We’re looking to hire a clinical research coordinator who will have primary responsibilities for study coordination including identifying potential study participants; working with doctors and other clinicians to recruit these patients; administering screening instruments, interviews, and surveys with patients; managing data; assisting with preparation of manuscripts; and completing other special projects in collaboration with the study investigators.
As a Clinical Research Coordinator, you will:
- Verify patient study eligibility via medical record reviews.
- Discuss potential study participants with their clinical providers before outreaching these patients.
- Recruit patients for study participation and obtain informed consent via both telephonic, video-based, and in person (field) visits, as needed.
- Ensure a high level of member engagement and retention by engaging in extensive dialogue with members to understand their motivations and reservations about participating in research.
- Coordinate study visits with patients and clinical providers.
- Perform data collection (e.g., face-to-face surveys, chart reviews) and data quality assurance checks.
- Monitor study devices (e.g. iPads) to ensure their proper function.
- Maintain study data using REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) or other programs.
- Prepare study reports, annual reviews, and Institutional Review Board documentation.
- Monitor and evaluate protocol compliance.
- Assist with data analysis and preparation of manuscripts and conference presentations.
You will love this job if:
- You have excellent customer service skills, and are a strong communicator dedicated to building the best possible patient and provider experience in all research activities.
- You are committed to helping patients achieve better health.
- You are highly organized.
- You can quickly learn all the details of a new process, be innovative, and grow in a dynamic team environment.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- You are self-motivated and driven to make things better.
You should get in touch if:
- Have a background in customer service preferably in the area of healthcare.
- Have strong social skills and enjoy communicating thoughtfully, effectively and patiently with customers.
- Have experience working with an elderly and ethnically diverse population.
- Have experience with conducting researching studies or have aspirations to do so.
- Are willing to work independently with minimal supervision, and have the ability to prioritize work.
- Enjoy engaging with patients and their family members, including in their homes.
- Have a “can-do” attitude and are focused and persistent in getting things done.
- NJ Location required - North/Central preference. Willingness to visit members in home (COVID restrictions permitting).
- Fluency in English and Spanish, required
- Basic computer skills, including with word processing and spreadsheet programs, required.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.