Online, self-serve life insurance company.
United States of America
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get term life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020 as well as featured on VentureBeat for raising $60m in our series C funding. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Director of Product to lead our Partnerships team. You will be joining an early-stage team and find the opportunity for delivering a step-change impact on the business.
This role requires entrepreneurial spirit and an extraordinary ability to get things done. The ideal candidate will couple deep intellectual capacity and analytical rigor with creativity around go-to-market and customer experience. We’re looking for senior leaders who demonstrate a high degree of ownership and are looking to set strategy, build, and grow an extremely fast growing channel at a rapid pace.
You will be a passionate voice for the user, have strong cross-functional support, and be able to exercise meaningful autonomy to deliver impact on key metrics as you maintain a laser focus on delivering the right functionality to serve partners' needs.
In this role you can expect to:
- Work closely with Design, Marketing, Analytics, Sales, Business Development, and Engineering to onboard, manage, and grow existing partnerships
- Develop and operationalize the partner management program and establish best practices
- Create a clear and compelling product roadmap and go-to-market strategies based on market feedback
- Work cross-functionally and serve as the liaison between partners and Ethos leadership, product, legal, operations, and other functional teams
- Inform goals for growth and revenue (and its proxies); and advise on associated business resource needs
- Implement and launch new strategic partnerships and products
To thrive in this role, you have
- A deep understanding of customer needs, and strong motivation to tackle their problems
- Experience managing product teams and integrating a diverse set of partners and processes into a cohesive product
- Strong analytical skills, competence in SQL, and experience with tools for doing data analysis
- An owner’s mindset - you don’t shy away from the hard stuff
- Experience conducting user research to educate product design and revolve their pain points
- Strong collaboration skills in team environments but able to act quickly as the decision-maker
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- 8-10 years experience building consumer-facing products (esp. growth-focused roles) with clear, demonstrated results
- A sense of urgency and the ability to achieve impact in a fast-paced environment
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across teams to prioritize and build products that delight customers and deliver on company goals
- A strong analytical orientation -- a focus on data driven decision making and the ability to measure success
- Demonstrated hands-on execution abilities
- Track record in managing complex partners at senior executive-levels
- A solid design and technical understanding such that you can engage with your counterparts in collaborative and productive manner
- A STEM undergraduate and/or master’s degree (preferred)
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.