Online, self-serve life insurance company.
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get term life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020 as well as featured on VentureBeat for raising $60m in our series C funding. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter who can turn data into actionable insights to drive business decisions and performance. This role will put you in the middle of the action and require you to solve the most complex, interesting challenges of a rapidly-scaling startup. You will work cross-functionally to provide visibility and understanding into the operations of our business and empower business leaders to make key decisions through critical thinking and analytical rigor. If you enjoy working in an environment that is fast-paced, mission-driven, and impact-oriented, read on and get in touch!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive decision making related to customer acquisition, operations, pricing, core business expansion, and new opportunities
- Improve the speed and efficiency of our growth by collaborating with Product, Marketing, Operations, Sales, and Partnership teams
- Identify opportunities to empower teams with data and tools to improve performance, reduce pain points, and promote better decision making
- Apply statistical models to large datasets to identify causal impacts and to predict future performance
- Act as a strategic thought partner and be the go-to data expert in developing analyses, models, and reports
- Develop easy-to-consume dashboards and frameworks to monitor and visualize KPIs
- Collaborate with data engineers to maintain consistent business logic throughout the organization
- Communicate findings and insights to key stakeholders and company leadership to take action based on your recommendations
Knowledge and Skills:
- 3+ years of experience in data science, business / product analytics, business intelligence, or other analytically-intensive roles at either well-established firms or high-growth tech startups
- Expert knowledge of SQL and proficiency in a scripting language such as Python or R
- Experience using statistical techniques such as MLR and logistic regression for solving complex problems
- Familiarity with tools used for data analysis, visualization, and dashboarding, such as Tableau and Excel
- Proven ability to work independently, multi-task, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are stimulated by solving complex problems
- You enjoy getting in the weeds but do not losing sight of the bigger picture
- You can punch above your weight when needed, but also appreciate that no job is too small, no matter your title!
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.