Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Our Legal team is looking for a legal operations manager! The ideal candidate is a bright, energetic, experienced, business-minded, resourceful, and self-motivated individual with at least 5 years of experience (prior in-house, startup experience a big plus).
6 Month Expectations:
- Act as first point of contact for business partners interfacing with Legal team and assist with day-to-day Legal team organization and operations.
- Ensure contracts management system is up-to-date.
- Prepare, monitor, and manage state filings, business registrations, and retail licenses, including researching applicable laws by jurisdiction and collaborating with Finance team as needed.
- Manage Glossier’s equity program in partnership with the People and Finance teams, including cap table and associated equity paperwork.
- Collaborate with People Team as needed to implement changes to offer letters, employee handbooks, and policies and procedures.
- Manage day-to-day aspects of brand protection program, including monitoring infringements and helping develop and implement enforcement strategies.
- Manage customer privacy requests and assist in other privacy compliance matters.
- Support copy and claims review with cross-functional teams.
- Assist with managing talent and production contracts, and generating terms and conditions for Glossier promotions.
- Review and negotiate non-disclosure agreements and independent contractor agreements, with the assistance of attorneys as needed.
12+ Month Expectations:
- Independently review and revise a variety of contracts and other legal documents, with the assistance of attorneys as needed.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to manage all aspects of insurance and risk management program, including renewal process.
- Collaborate with business teams to ideate, establish, and implement better processes and workflows with the Legal function.
- Develop and leverage internal and external partnerships and relationships to maximize the achievement of Legal team and business goals.
- Prior experience as a paralegal or legal assistant at a law firm or in-house legal department (prior experience as a paralegal or legal assistant at a startup a big plus).
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Have excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Be detail-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills.
- Have a strong desire to learn the business and function integrally as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Notary public a plus.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.