Intelligence Processing Unit
Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do, really makes a difference.
Graphcore is looking for an exceptional Field Application Engineer with broad experience across both the hardware and software domains. You will be working closely with Graphcore’s customers and partners within the EMEA region to help integrate our IPU technology with their hardware and software infrastructures. You will also help train and support our clients enabling them to understand and get the most from our technology.
The role will include product positioning and acting as a technical consultant to our key customers through architectural evaluation, integration of our technology into their designs and support through production deployment.
- Own the technical relationships with our clients and help them to exploit Graphcore’s IPU to achieve breakthroughs in artificial intelligence
- Assist customers with integration of our products into their hardware infrastructures
- Be a technical expert on Graphcore’s products, directly supporting our Sales teams to secure design wins, and to lead hardware and software support from the design-in phase through to successful completion and production deployment
- Become a recognized expert on our hardware and Poplar™ tools and deliver compelling training.
- Shepherd critical customer issues and provide timely advance warning of critical issues that need attention
- Work with the Product Management and Engineering to ensure a good flow of customer and market feedback that can be incorporated into future products
- Experience in a high tech electronics industry in a field engineering or design role
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Good knowledge of software and CPU/GPU/AI accelerator/Smart NIC architecture
- Good understanding of the Data Centre business and related technology, such as distributed computing and AI
- Know how to build relationships with customers, especially technical decision makers and the ability to identify project opportunities with customers and can work with sales teams to achieve design wins
- Good communication and customer facing skills and the ability to present the product value proposition to customers.
- Action-oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong time-management and organisation skills for coordinating and prioritising multiple projects and initiatives.
- Desire to learn new technology
- Masters or PhD in related computationally intensive science or engineering field
- Experience working in high performance computing or with hardware acceleration technologies
- Experience with Python and C++ and in-depth knowledge of computer architectures, high performance programming and parallel programming
- Experience working with modern deep learning software architecture and frameworks including: Tensorflow, PyTorch, MxNet, Caffe, or a strong mathematics background
- Knowledge of customers in the Cloud, Automotive or HPC domains
This position will be based in Bristol, UK (could be Oslo, Norway) and would require frequent travel to customer & partner sites within EMEA region.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.