Intelligence Processing Unit
Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do, really makes a difference.
As a FAE, you will be working closely with Graphcore’s customers and partners to help them in understanding and getting the most from our Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU) technology. In your work you will support some of the world’s top machine learning innovators at deep learning research groups, academic institutions, innovative machine learning start-ups, leading automotive companies, and some of the world’s largest cloud and internet companies.
You will need to develop a deep understanding of the IPU architecture and the associated Poplar™ tools and be familiar with leading machine learning frameworks. We want you to become an industry thought leader on Graphcore technology and be interested and keen to present at industry conferences.
The role will include product positioning and acting as a technical consultant to our key customers through architectural evaluation, integration of our technology into their designs and support through production deployment.
- Own the technical relationships with our customers and partners and help them to exploit Graphcore’s IPU technology to achieve breakthroughs in artificial intelligence
- Be a technical expert on Graphcore’s products, directly supporting our Sales teams to secure design wins, and to lead hardware and software support of our products from the design-in phase through to successful completion and production deployment
- Become a recognized expert on Graphcore’s IPU technology and Poplar™ tools and deliver compelling training to our customers and partners
- Work with the Product Management and Engineering to ensure a good flow of customer and market feedback that can be incorporated into future products
- 4+ years of relevant experience writing applications for AI/ML workloads e.g. Computer vision, Natural language processing etc
- Bachelor's in engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar field
- Experience working with modern deep learning frameworks including: Tensorflow, PyTorch, MxNet, Caffe, Caffe2
- Good knowledge of software and CPU/GPU/AI accelerator architecture
- Excellent communication & presentations skills and comfortable in a customer-facing environment
- Action-oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong time-management and organisation skills for coordinating and prioritising multiple projects and initiatives.
- Desire to learn new technology
- Masters or PhD in related computationally intensive science or engineering field
- Experience working in high performance computing or with hardware acceleration technologies
- Experience with Python and C++ and in-depth knowledge of computer architectures, high performance programming and parallel programming
- Experience working to optimize scientific or computationally intensive application codes, libraries or compilers
This position will be based in Germany and would require frequent travel to customer & partner sites.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.