online trucking marketplace
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA, NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enable freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
As the Strategy and Planning Manager, you’ll be one of the first Strategy and Planning members for the Strategy planning team. The Strategy & Planning team is a nimble and highly impactful team, responsible for shaping business strategy, owning business intelligence, driving strategic accountability, and partnering with all functions to provide critical guidance, insights, and strategic frameworks. You’ll work cross-functionally with our marketing, product, and sales team to deliver capacity forecasting, develop carrier, and own the operational efficiency metrics associated with capacity. Innovation is a core practice at NEXT and infuses everything we do. You’ll be leading the charge for continuous improvement across your disciplines, applying lean methods and processes while building a high-performing team of operators.
What You'll Do:
- Build - From the ground-up, build and execute a strategy across the long, medium, and real-time to align supply and demand
- Lead Cross-functionally - Partner with finance, product, operations, and sales to build forecasting models, scheduling, and operational planning models.
- Create, optimized and scale business processes and define system requirements to handle ongoing expansion.
- Metrics & Experimentation - You will define the metrics that will drive success and will be required to design and measure effective experiments.
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Operations Management with a focus on logistics and supply, or operations
- Bias for action, decisive decision making, and willingness to roll-up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Strong analytical skills – great at creating and analyzing data, defining business metrics, proficiency in, and some statistical tools.
- Excellent Communication Skills - Strong ability to clearly articulate complex problems to the executive management and individual contributor level.
- Early-stage start-up experience
- Multi-tasking skills in a fast-moving and changing environment
- Demonstrated experience creating systems and integration requirements, including Salesforce and enterprise billing systems
What you’ll receive:
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry