Social image editing app and creative community
PicsArt is looking for an Engineering Manager to help scale our engineering team and technology. The ideal candidate will be equally comfortable with technical leadership, people management, and the development process.
This is a rare opportunity to join an extremely innovative fast-paced and dynamic global consumer tech company. PicsArt is the world’s #1 creative platform and social editing app with more than 150M monthly active creators and an install base of more than 1 billion! This position can be based in Barcelona, Prague or Vienna working remotely from your home office.
- Plan, coordinate, execute, deliver and release the product and its features;
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing;
- Help set team goals and direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization;
- Mentor and grow the team while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision;
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values;
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings;
- Meet with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities;
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices;
- Manage progress, risks, and issues with teams and stakeholders;
- Communicate with stakeholders and the wider community to explain what’s going on.
- BS, MA or PhD in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field;
- Experience in an engineering management role;
- Experience in Mobile engineering;
- Experience in optimizing software processes to ensure teams are always running efficiently and constantly striving to improve;
- Experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high-quality software together with them;
- Experience in an agile development environment;
- Love to develop and grow people and have a track record to do it;
- Highly organized. Worked with many people in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team;
- Advanced written and verbal English communication skills.