Social image editing app and creative community
PicsArt is seeking a creative yet analytical Director of Content Operations to help drive the future of our content both on-and-off app. This cross-functional role will partner closely with product, engineering, data, finance, creative, and marketing teams to expand the company’s content strategy and operations, ensuring we both secure and surface the best and most relevant content for our growing global user base.
This is a rare opportunity to join an extremely fast-paced and dynamic global consumer tech company. PicsArt is the world’s #1 creative platform and social editing app with more than 150M monthly active creators and an install base of more than 1 billion! This position is for salaried, exempt employment and can be based in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, Seattle, Austin, or the United Kingdom (working from home remotely until it is safe to return to our offices) and reports directly to the VP of Content & Community.
- BS Degree in marketing, economics, operations, engineering, or business-related, MBA is a plus;
- 8+ years experience in content (digital or traditional), product, or marketing (digital and/or product) roles;
- Deep passion for content -- understanding it, consuming it, creating it, advocating for it, categorizing it, wading through all the seemingly minor details to get the best version of it
- Experience with both setting content strategy from scratch and translating that strategy into operational processes. Keen interest in continually optimizing these processes to stay ahead of our business needs;
- Experience working in or closely with product organizations and/or data analytics organizations;
- Strong leadership and management skills, with experience directly and indirectly influencing key stakeholders across a fast-paced, global, matrixed startup organization;
- Experience in and empathy for managing and mentoring a team of operators across the globe;
- Ability to stay ahead of trends and adapt to a constantly changing digital landscape, strong familiarity with social media and trends research;
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal, and keen ability to translate complexity into succinct clear messages;
- Ability to develop a vision/strategy that instills trust and drives awareness across the company and with key executives;
- Experience working in a fast-paced globally distributed, start-up environment preferred;
- Experience in consumer tech/mobile app space strongly preferred;
- Love of different cultures and travel.
- Amass a robust offering of content and content assets to fit evolving creator needs across the globe, via comprehensively categorize our current offering and gaps, leveraging our in-house and freelance creative resources to manage the creation of relevant, high quality content, and building our content experience with an eye towards the future of visual storytelling;
- Build effective operational processes, bringing together disparate contributors from across the organization to a streamlined, best-in-class approach to problem solving. Constantly optimize those processes as needs and organization changes;
- Own the content taxonomy and categorization workflows, architecting content user experience to best match our growing audience and use cases;
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, AI and other technical teams to ingest, organize, and surface the most relevant content. In particular, PicsArt currently employs a variety of ingestion paths that need optimization and scaling;
- Generate actionable insights from existing user behavior data, a/b test results, market and competitive analysis, and use those insights as a primary driver for content decisions. Develop methodologies and best practices to collect accurate, and actionable, data on our content, challenges and users engaging with our content, all by platform and region;
- Work closely with Legal, Partnerships, and other key stakeholders to build best-in-class terms and processes for addressing content rights issues;
- Evolve and lead a young and motivated team and partner with other key business units to achieve company goals surrounding content engagement and retention;
- Research, evaluate and implement technology solutions and tools to help us accelerate our content operations and decision-making (reporting, data aggregation, optimization, etc);
- Use content to support our key expansion strategies by country and geo;
- Leverage existing and build new relationships with potential partners, esp. among platform and content partnerships relevant for our audience.