Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
About the role
Robinhood is looking for Security Engineers to join our growing security team. As a Security Engineer, Detection and Response, you will help us build and operate infrastructure and automation to detect and respond to security threats. You’ll partner closely with stakeholders across the company to improve our overall security posture. In addition, you will be critical in further developing our user trust and safety infrastructure to ensure that our users’ data and information is protected using the best mechanisms available. To be successful in this role, you will need to be agile, adapt to the growing needs of the business, and ensure that the security organization is seen as a facilitator rather than a blocker.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Building and operating infrastructure and automation to detect and respond to intrusions and security threats
- Developing detection strategies to identify anomalous behaviors and attacks
- Maturing and leading our incident response and investigations protocols
- Building and documenting protocols and playbooks pertaining to incident response
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Deep understanding of information security principles and defense in depth techniques
- Background in incident response, threat hunting, forensics, intrusion detection, or threat intelligence
- Ability to partner effectively with peers and cross-functional groups across the company to ensure strong security practices and partnerships
- Ability to troubleshoot last-minute changes and stay calm under pressure
- Experience with common attack scenarios in internal infrastructure
- Experience analyzing massive data sets to separate signal from noise in order to build high fidelity dashboards and alerts
- Prior hands-on experience with security technologies such as Splunk, SumoLogic, or experience building security monitoring on top of open source stacks such as ELK
- Experience with NIST security frameworks
- Programming experience in Python, Golang, or similar programming languages
- Experience working within highly regulated environments
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.