Instant threat analysis for enterprise cloud environments.
New York City, NY, US
SecurityScorecard is an industry-leading cybersecurity company backed by Google, Sequoia, and Riverwood. Our mission is to make the world a safer place. We measure your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of "A" through "F" based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. Our Comprehensive security ratings, advanced data analytics, and actionable insights discover Third-Party Vulnerabilities & Security Gaps In Real-Time. Headquartered in NYC with over 200+ employees globally, raised over $110M USD, used by 1,000+ enterprise customers, and rating 1.5 million companies. We have created a new category of enterprise software, and our culture has helped us be recognized as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row. Our vision is to create a new language for companies and their partners to communicate, understand, and improve each other’s security posture.
About the Team
The Production Engineering (aka SRE) team empowers SecurityScorecard's Engineering organization to increase quality, velocity, and security.
What you will do
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who has a passion for designing, building and administering data systems and applications handling large amounts of data, developing methodologies to obtain greater value out of the existing data sets, and an aptitude for new technologies that solve real business problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with engineering to identify data store technologies and solutions based on business needs
- Collaborate with engineering to design and model data stores to support multiple applications with large data sets
- Identify, optimize, and automate solutions to improve the performance, monitoring, scalability, and overall stability of our platform
- Troubleshoot and identify service level issues
- Be on-call periodically
- 8-10 years of overall experience in software engineering, systems/database administration, DevOps, SRE, or related disciplines
- Experience in administrating databases
- Strong experience with traditional RDBMS such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with NoSQL systems such as ElasticSearch & MongoDB
- Experience writing SQL, database code and shell scripts
- Experience performing database migrations using managed services such as AWS DMS with virtually no downtime
- Experience with AWS and Terraform
- Experience with Linux operating system, understanding of networking and storage tier
- Continuous Integration/Deployment pipelines experience
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- DBA experience preferred.
- Experience with configuration management software and culture of SRE
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.