Instant threat analysis for enterprise cloud environments.
Highly visible within the organization and reporting directly to the CRO, Bill Hogan, the Vice President, Federal Sector, will be responsible for driving the strategy and execution of all Public Sector sales initiatives targeting Federal, State and Local Governments along with K-12 and Higher Education for SecurityScorecard. This person will have experience defining Public Sector revenue cycles and a track record of building effective sales teams from the ground up that leverage analytics and data to drive predictable growth. Specifically, you will:
- Architect Hyper Growth - Directly reporting to the CRO, they will be responsible for managing and growing the Public Sector Sales organization to support the company’s revenue growth objectives by targeting Federal, State and Local Governments along with K-12 and Higher Education
- Implement Process, Analytics and Predictability - Assess and improve upon current sales processes, instrumentation, methodologies and associated discipline. Create and execute short and long-term sales plans, including strategies, goals, tracking mechanisms, compensation and analytics.
- Public Sector Seller and Coach - The VP Federal Sector will need to have experience selling and coaching teams around complex sales to Public Sector clients in every major geography, government and educational entity.
- Go to Market - Alongside the CEO & leadership team, craft and execute against the overall Public Sector sales strategy for all of SecurityScorecard's offerings, from initial lead through the entire customer lifecycle to maximize revenue.
- A Leader - A pure leader who can inspire and rally the troops. Continue to build and retain a world-class team of sales professionals consisting of diverse, yet complementary, skill-sets. She/he must inspire, encourage, enable, and develop high performers, while building a culture of predictability, accountability, and consistency.
- Established success leading significant and successful Public Sector sales organizations, ideally within a high-growth, B2B SaaS technology company with multiple complex product and service offerings.
- Proven experience helping build a new market category with revenue streams of a growth-stage business from $50M to $100M ARR and beyond.
- Data driven, analytical and results-oriented mindset with a deep understanding of complex procurement drivers in a recurring revenue business model.
- Track record of hiring, developing, motivating and mentoring sales teams to meet ambitious goals, including mid-level managers and directors.
- Highly entrepreneurial sales executive. Must be a Player/Coach who can personally drive revenue and manage from the field.
- Strong background in driving large complex Public Sector deals with multiple stakeholders.
- Track record of increasing productivity of sales teams through skill development, providing inspiration, rapid conflict resolution, and building a highly-empowered culture.
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Dynamic, forward thinking executive who will bring high intensity and commitment to the business.
- Results-oriented, driven executive who is energetic, resilient, and personally committed to achieving success.
- Technically savvy - can speak with senior technical and non-technical stakeholders in a way that inspires confidence.
- Transparent, collaborative and not afraid to roll up their sleeves.
- Exceptional leader and manager with a checked ego.
- High-energy and action-oriented; successful with getting things done in complex environments.
- Self-starter mentality, yet a team player with a collaborative approach and management style.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative.
- Strong communicator and ability to work cross-functionally in partnerships with adjacent business functions in an evolving company.
SecurityScorecard's SaaS-based platform enables enterprises to rate and understand the security risk of companies instantly, non-intrusively and from an outside-in perspective. Nearly 1,000 customers use our platform for self-monitoring, vendor risk management, cyber insurance, board reporting, and M&A. We have created a new category of enterprise software, and our culture has helped us be recognized as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row. Our investors include both Sequoia and Google Ventures. We are scaling quickly but are ever mindful of our people and products as we grow.
Since 2013, SecurityScorecard has grown exponentially and achieved some impressive milestones:
- They have raised $112.2M funding from top investors including Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, NGP, Moody’s, Intel, among others
- 200+ employees distributed globally
- 1000+ customers including Bloomberg, Facebook, Google, and Morgan Stanley
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.