Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Director, Learning & Development
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for an experienced individual to lead the Training and Development function at Attentive. Spanning a wide variety of roles and functions, this is an opportunity to build and scale a growth culture through onboarding, employee enablement, management development and broad-based career development programs. Success will be recognized through retention of learning, proficiency, employee growth and engagement. The individual will report to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Develop, lead and execute the learning and development strategy for Attentive
- Responsible for creating and implementing a management development program that is focused on developing our managers in our high growth, fast paced environment
- Create and support high-impact functional learning programs in close collaboration with enablement teams that accelerate function-specific enablement and development of our people; creating a consistent learning experience across the organization
- Develop and enhance company-wide programs that teach and strengthen our values and behaviors consistently across all of our employees and their employee life cycle
- Build a data-driven and technology-enabled learning organization and process, including analytics, dashboards, and LMS and a culture of continuous improvement using data insights to shape our learning roadmap and priorities
- Build deep leadership strength with managers in role as well as potential future managers
- Improve time to productivity across the company and for critical roles with training programs such as new hire training and on-boarding, on-going development and other initiatives in support of business initiatives
- Manage our company-wide LMS
Skills and Qualifications
- 7+ years relevant experience, including experience setting strategy and owning L&D programs from conception through execution
- At least 2-3+ years prior managerial experience
- Experience designing and delivering both company-wide programs and function-specific programs
- Strong foundations in curriculum design, relevant learning/cognitive principles
- Able to fly at 30,000 feet in shaping global strategies and thinking about Attentive’s learning priorities, and dive down to 'sea level' in execution
- Fluency with metrics and how to evaluate the effectiveness of learning programs in driving significant business impact
- Exceptional communicator in both written and verbal interactions; clear, concise, and courageous seeking feedback and buy in when needed to leaders at all levels
- Experience in a high-growth SaaS company
Benefits and Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.