Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Reporting to our Sr Director of Sales Engineering, we are looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to join our team and play a critical role in delivering Attentive to our top tier clients. You will understand and assess/scope customer requirements, prepare and present demos of our technologies, and address and overcome technical objections that arise throughout the sales process, by serving as a trusted solution and technical advisor. Additionally in this role you will act as the first line around all security and compliance inquiries for our prospects and clients.
- Drive the technology evaluation stage of the sales process with our prospects and act as a technical leader for them
- Demonstrate technical aspects of the product as a way to solve specific customer problems
- Provide day-to-day product/technical support to sales team
- Provide feedback to senior management and product on feature requirements, value proposition and competitive data
- Collaborate with internal product, sales, client strategy to provide the best customer experience
- Manage and drive RFP/Is and Security questionnaires
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2-3 years as a Sales Engineer, Solution Architect, or related field in the SaaS and/or enterprise software industry
- Able to clearly and concisely articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users (Proactively connecting the dots for our prospects)
- Familiarity with Looker, Salesforce.com, Jira, RFP software, Google suite, and Excel
- Thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment
- Energized by trying new things, and enjoy making an impact
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.