Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, including three of the world’s leaders of self-driving technology, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world’s most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Aurora hires people who are excited to build the future of transportation. We’re looking for people who are as excited as we are to solve these complex problems and make this tremendous impact on our future, and who want to be surrounded by great people while we do it. This candidate is a skilled IT generalist who is passionate about technology as a core means to improve efficiency and drive organizational scale. In this role, you will report to our Sr IT Manager and support a broad range of activities. You will help develop the processes and platforms needed to support our corporate users to enable their success, and will be in a position to make a significant impact in a rapidly growing company.
- Provision new hardware and software for new hires
- Manage inventory of IT hardware and accessories
- Respond to user support issues via ticketing and other channels to provide end user support.
- Assist onboarding and offboarding of employees with Recruiting & HR teams
- Ensure security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
- Improve processes & systems
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Excellent communication skills and ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly to a high level of proficiency
- Expertise with modern Cloud IAAS / PAAS providers including Okta, JIRA, G-Suite Admin, AWS & GCP
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms including Ubuntu Linux, ChromeOS, OSX, & Windows
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Scripting / programming in BASH / Python or other
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent professional work experience
- Okta, JAMF, JIRA, G-Suite Admin, PAN (Palo Alto Networks), Aruba, CUDA, Zoom
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson developed MIT'S Intelligent CoPilot, then led the team that delivered Tesla Autopilot. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.