Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Aurora hires people who are excited to build the future of transportation. As a Full Stack Engineer on UI tools, you will help improve and scale how engineering and operations teams work across the company. Your work will enable us to visualize and create data necessary to build machine learning models, optimize routes of communication between teams, present data in meaningful ways to help prioritize improvements to core products, and much more.
- Build interactive web applications and tooling to amplify other internal teams.
- Develop interfaces and systems to maximize data quality, operational efficiency, scale, and flexibility to serve user needs inside and outside the company.
- Collaborate with others to understand and prioritize technical requirements with the goal of operationalizing autonomous vehicles.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with backend web tech: Python, Node, Go or similar
- Experience building modern web applications and UIs: React, Redux, TypeScript, Styled Components, or similar
- Experience using and developing REST APIs to communicate with other systems
- Experience with 3D graphics: WebGL, three.js, Qt
- Knowledgeable in linear algebra
- Experience contributing to a component based UI framework
- Experience with cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with large datasets
- Experience in data visualization: D3, Vega, Leaflet
- Experience in UX, prototyping, design
- Experience writing C++
- Experience with asm.js/WebAssembly
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson developed MIT'S Intelligent CoPilot, then led the team that delivered Tesla Autopilot. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.