Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces in eight markets across Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
Carousell is backed by Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, Sequoia Capital, and Naspers. The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. Download the app for iOS or Android, and visit www.carousell.com for more information.
Meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
We are now looking for Backend Engineers to join our Engineering Team based in India.
- Design and build scalable APIs for the Carousell marketplace platform.
- Write clean, testable code with unit tests.
- Work with infrastructure team on deploying, scaling and performance optimization.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain a high-quality code culture.
- Build revenue impacting products including advertisements and visibility.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other equivalent degrees/experience
- At least 4 years of working experience in backend development
- Experience in either Go, Python, Django/Flask, RESTful APIs
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and performant code making use of appropriate design principles and patterns.
- Excellent knowledge of RDBMS such as PostgreSQL and technologies such as Redis, Cassandra, Kafka, Lucene / Elasticsearch / Solr.
- Strong experience in optimizing the performance of backend systems and scaling infrastructure components.
- Experience in building large, scalable distributed systems with good understanding of microservices architecture and associated principles.
- Experience with TDD/BDD and agile methodologies
Good to have:
- Experience with online advertisement technology.
- Knowledge of managing data consistency in distributed systems.
- Experience working with asynchronous systems.