Education technology to empower learning.
Durham, NC, US
Clever is the fastest growing product in K-12 education; depended on by over 500 software companies and over 60% of America's schools. These organizations rely on Clever to put the best software in the hands of over 20 million students every day. Clever's job is to make this task incredibly simple, despite the complex legacies of the school system.
We're looking for talented engineers who want to help us build Clever into something every school, student, and teacher relies on.
A Day in the Life
GetClever is a family subscription service for learning games. Each game is hand-picked for its immense fun factor and the clever way it ignites passions, sparks curiosity, and improves skills.
As an engineer on the team, you'll play an important role as a technical leader and collaborator responsible for helping design, build and iterate on a guided, cross-platform, educational experience for young kids at home.
This will be a full-stack role with fast-moving iterations and experiments, working in close collaboration with product and design team members. Some examples of projects you might work on are:
- Building intuitive and engaging web and native mobile user experiences
- Implementing game mechanics and reward systems
- Building a subscription-based billing system
- Implementing APIs for 3rd party game integrations
- Data analytics and game recommendations engine
To get a sense of what the Clever engineering team is working on, check out our engineering blog.
We work across the full-stack to create products that are robust and delightful for students, educators, and developers to use. Currently we write frontend code in Node.js, TypeScript, and React with Redux and use Go for backend. We also use MongoDB, Postgres, Dynamo, Docker, and many AWS services (ECS, Step Functions, etc).
At Clever, we believe the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. That is why we are committed to building diverse teams, inviting every voice, and creating a safe space for everyone to be their authentic self. By fostering equity and belonging within our circles of influence, we unlock learning for ALL students.
Things We’re Looking For
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Led projects and collaborated with a team to create meaningful impact
- Architected systems to solve a variety of product and data needs
- Strong fundamentals in computer science and software engineering
- The drive to learn and teach through collaboration and code reviews
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to work in a diverse, fast-paced and highly collaborative team environment
- Experience building user interfaces
- Experience working on consumer products (preferred, but not required)
- Experience working on software/games for young children (preferred, but not required)
- Experience with iOs and/or Android native development (preferred, but not required)
What Clever offers
- A competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- Unlimited credits for learning on amazon.com and small, local bookstores
- Annual budget for personal development
- Annual company retreat and quarterly team events
- An incredible team of fun, bright coworkers