Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our In Home Primary Care program is designed to improve care and outcomes for our members with multiple chronic conditions, advanced illness, and limited life expectancy. Clover wants to take accountability for these members' healthcare journeys and provide high-quality personalized care that is consistent with their values and preferences. In many cases, these members do not have reliable and committed health care providers; they rarely have providers who are willing and able to provide care directly in the home. Clover’s commitment to our members’ health has only increased during the coronavirus pandemic, as many outpatient medical practices have closed. The need for our In-home Primary Care program is greater than ever.
The In-Home Nurse Manager will work closely with the practice’s Medical Director to ensure the practice maintains the highest level of clinical quality and direct patient care. This will involve supervisory oversight of ancillary staff, updating of clinical policies and ensuring that regulatory standards are met.
As a In-Home Nurse Manager, you will:
- Directly manage all Medical Assistants (12+) who are assisting house call providers in members’ homes and via telehealth
- Refine and supervise new clinician onboarding, ongoing clinical education and annual core competency testing for clinical staff
- Assist Medical Director with Quality Assurance activities including writing patient care policies and procedures
- Be responsible for infection control and waste management
- Oversee vaccines storage compliance and overall pharmaceutical inventory management
- Actively manage hospitalization reporting to ensure timely transition in care
- Facilitate practice’s ability to achieve high performance on CMS and NCQA-determined Stars and HEDIS quality metrics
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about caring for our most vulnerable elders, including those with multiple chronic conditions, frailty, and advanced illness
- You love developing training materials and continual clinician education is your mantra
- You embrace technology and clinical protocols as a means for driving high quality clinical care
- You embrace measurement and performance management to drive improved member outcomes
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, in fact, you love that!
You should get in touch if:
- 7+ years of clinical outpatient supervisory experience
- Valid New Jersey nursing license, required
- Experience working with older patients, required
- Experience working in house calls, preferred
- Experience with Quality Assurance (HEDIS, STARS, Population Health)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with members and colleagues alike
- You are comfortable working with members of diverse social, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds
- Proficiency in computer use, required; EMR experience, eClinicalWorks preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.