Conversational marketing platform.
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster.
More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms
Drift has become one of the fastest growing SaaS companies of all-time and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top 50 Startups, Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and SaaS Company of the Year by the NEVCA.
About the role
Our product organization is built of many small, autonomous squads who each own a product or critical capability. The squads are organized within product groups within our two core products (Lead Management & Sales Engagement).
As a Director, Conversations Products, you will lead several product groups within the core Lead Management product built for Marketing and SDR teams, including our desktop and mobile live chat products, the website chat widget, Email Bots, and several new product initiatives.
You will get in the weeds with the teams to make sure we’re building the right thing, while also stepping back and working with peers in product design and engineering leadership to ensure we have the systems, processes, and frameworks to execute consistently at scale.
You understand the challenges and opportunities of developing Enterprise-grade business products and can help our entire team embrace the learnings and principles you have developed in your career.
What you’ll be doing on the Product team at Drift:
- You’ll spend a lot of your time talking to customers, understanding their problems, and validating that your teams’ solutions solve a real problem for them.
- You’ll join pre and post sales calls with enterprise customers, understand their needs, and effectively translate that into missions for your teams.
- You’ll know the market cold. You’ll be an expert on Live Chat and Lead Management platforms via your own research but also work with industry analysts to help develop your POV.
- You’ll work with the founders and Product VPs to define the strategy and roadmap to deliver on the company’s vision to be “The Way That Businesses Buy From Businesses”.
- You’ll work with product design leadership to draft early concepts to foster customer development and validation.
- You’ll work with Product Marketing to position new product launches to generate awareness, demand, and revenue.
- Your insights will influence the entire product direction, not only the teams who directly report to you.
- You’ll mentor several product managers and/or product leads who report to you, and help them to build great products and grow in their careers.
- You’ll dig into the weeds and help your product teams to execute when needed.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- You have experience building products in B2B SaaS for 3+ years, Marketing or Sales products a plus.
- You have developed a consumer-grade product design sense, and have led products with user bases at least in the hundreds of thousands of WAU.
- You have 10+ years of software product management experience, 3+ as a manager/leader
- You have led a product management team or group of at least 3 PM’s, ideally led managers of PM’s, and scaled through individual growth and hiring.
- You have built and launched innovative and differentiated products with resulting revenue over $10M
- You are experienced in leading product strategy processes, conducting analyst briefs, contributing on enterprise sales calls, developing product roadmaps, and executing product development processes.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience presenting to executive stakeholders, participating in the sales process, and handling sensitive customer escalations.
- You’re dedicated to your craft and want to work amongst a team that will inspire you on a daily basis.
- You are positive, creative, curious, and aren’t afraid to ask a lot of questions.
- You are can take candid feedback well and are looking to grow your skillsets
- You are OK with multi-tasking and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important thing done.
- You are detail oriented and organized.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com