Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
23andMe's Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group in South San Francisco identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs for disease areas with high unmet need. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
We are seeking an outstanding Associate Scientist or Senior Associate Scientist to join a collaborative, cross-functional research team responsible for novel target discovery, validation and development of therapeutics. Successful candidates will be independent and innovative with a high degree of analytical and troubleshooting skills.
What you’ll do
- Independently develop and establish biochemical and cell-based assays for target validation
- Establish screening assays and characterize therapeutic candidates
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues and maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Interpret, record and present data in internal and external meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's (+ min of 5 years' related experience), Master's (+ min of 3 years' related experience) or PhD in biological sciences or related field
- Extensive hands-on experience with primary cell culture, preferably in culture and differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells
- Experience in developing and running cell-based and biochemical assays
- Strong technical lab skills including common biochemical, cell and molecular biology techniques such as CRISPR, western blots, ELISA, qPCR, fluorescence microscopy and flow cytometry are required
- Critical thinking and outstanding troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Experience with sensory neuronal culture
- Experience with RNA-seq
- Expertise in one of the areas is desirable: osteoarthritis, inflammation, pain
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.