Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
- Build new and key features for the Carousell web platform by working closely with the product and design teams.
- Analyze and optimize performance and reliability of the web app.
- Build a high performance dynamic web application with technologies such as React, Flux, Webpack, ES6, Node.js, etc.
- Take full ownership of projects from design (collaborate with the design team) to implementation and deployment.
- Familiarity with all aspects of MVC web applications (especially those built on Django/Flask)
- Proven ability to ship beautiful, stable and high-performance desktop and mobile web applications from start to finish.
- Experience with automated testing framework.
- Strong Computer Science background.