Social image editing app and creative community
We’re looking for a seasoned leader with a passion for design systems and a proven track record to join PicsArt as Principal Designer to help define ours.
As the lead for design infrastructure, they’ll help us define the strategy for the system as well as craft and direct the look, feel, and interaction of our entire product experience. They’ll set our growing design and engineering teams up for success by enabling them to deliver consistent, coherent and configurable interfaces — fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration throughout.
Additionally, they will champion good design operations by focusing on efficiency, tooling, processes and practices.
This is a rare opportunity to join an extremely fast-paced and dynamic global consumer tech company. PicsArt is the world’s #1 creative platform and social editing app with more than 150M monthly active creators and an install base of more than 1 billion! This position can be based in the UK.Responsibilities:
- Define the PicsArt design system from infancy. Lead (and grow) the new team that will be responsible for it;
- Design beautiful, expressive and intuitive visual, motion and interaction patterns across all platforms (iOS, Android, Web, tooling);
- Own the documentation and principles for why components, styles and patterns matter and how they are applied in design and code;
- Evangelise and articulate the use of the system across all of PicsArt by influencing and collaborating effortlessly with Designers, PMs and Software Engineers.
- Deep design systems knowledge;
- Demonstrable experience building scalable design architecture;
- Expert knowledge of iOS, Android and responsive web design standards and best practices (bonus points for understanding the code behind them);
- Strong leadership and strategic skills;
- A mastery of communication, collaboration and stakeholder management - comfortable articulating decisions and ‘cutting through noise’;
- Extremely high attention to detail. A champion of design excellence, consistency and high standards of craft;
- Strong operational skills with a proven record of streamlining the design process, removing impediments and implementing processes and workflows;
- Experience mentoring Designers and teams;
- A mastery of most design and prototyping tools (especially Figma).