23andMe is looking for a Finance Manager to join our growing Finance Team. This role reports directly to the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis. This is a hands-on role, responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A along with project-based analyses for Therapeutics (including Business Development) and Consumer Research.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- Support the Therapeutics and Consumer Research forecast/budget and close processes. Provide recommendations on functional resource (i.e. FTEs), project spend and capex needed to support functional activities and ensure alignment of assumptions with departmental heads
- Support budget/forecast processes for Therapeutics’ research and clinical development projects, including clinical trial accruals, working closely with collaboration partners
- Prepare insightful financial analyses and business updates to key members of their senior staff members to enable transparency into their organization's financial performance and drivers
- Responsible for financial reporting deliverables (BOD, month end, and departmental)
- Business Development support or lead ad-hoc projects and initiatives (internal and in partnership with business stakeholders), including financial valuation and ROI analyses
- Continuously strive for efficiencies, process improvements and value creation across Finance while also ensuring compliance with all internal and external requirements
- Work independently with limited direction and supervision, within a complex and changing environment to drive delivery of solutions.
What You’ll Bring
- Experience in working in cross-functional Research & Development (R&D) teams and in problem solving skills - data-driven and root-cause analysis
- Ability to coordinate amongst various constituencies to work collaboratively
- Experience with financial processes in a complex environment with a cross-functional team
- Self-starter who operates with some degree of autonomy, professionalism and results and deadlines driven
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience in relationship-building and business partnership
- Excellent verbal and written communications to address various levels within an organization, including presentation development
- 8-11 years’ relevant experience in Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, and/or corporate finance
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Host Analytics and NetSuite experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance or Science required, MBA a plus
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
- Scientist I / Scientist II, Drug Discovery (Metabolic Disease) South San Francisco, CA, US
- Statistical Geneticist South San Francisco, CA, US
- Sr. Portfolio and Project Manager - Therapeutics South San Francisco, CA, US
- Senior Clinical Trial Manager South San Francisco, CA, US