Amplitude helps companies build better products.
As the visionary and leader for our Demo Engineering team, you will have a global impact on our Pre-Sales team as we empower prospects and customers to evaluate Amplitude to power their digital product experiences. You’ll work closely with our team of stellar Solutions Consultants, Product Managers, Engineers, and Product Marketers to ensure our demo experience is as compelling and unique as possible. The strategy, processes, and work product you produce will influence every single opportunity the Sales team has with some of the world’s most interesting and innovative businesses-- there are not many roles you can say that about!
Moreover, this is a new dedicated function within our Solutions Consulting team that comes with a lot of autonomy. Your ideas and vision will influence product direction, go-to-market strategy, and Solutions Consulting priorities.
It’s a demanding and rewarding job with an extremely relevant company in a dynamic and exciting market!
To learn more about our team, check out our blog post on Pre-Sales at Amplitude.
As a Demo Engineering Lead, you will:
- Solicit feedback from SCs, Product, Marketing and our customers to initially understand the current state of our demo product & process, and continuously drive this feedback loop to ensure we’re constantly adapting to our changing product and market
- Own developing the strategy for all things demo-related and driving priorities within that strategy to align to the highest impact gaps
- Work with engineers to build systems that enable our Solutions Consulting team to scale our demo practices effectively; you are able to do some of the engineering work when dedicated resources are not readily available
- Become an Amplitude product expert-- understand the product our customers experience as well as the internal back-end architecture needed to power an excellent demo experience
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers as we release new product to guarantee that our demo experience highlights new functionality in Amplitude’s platform as it is available
- Manage the public demo experience that is available via our website in conjunction with our Growth & Marketing teams and make sure that experience transitions seamlessly into our guided demo experience in the Sales cycle
You'll be a great addition to the team if:
- You have worked cross-functionally as a Solutions Consultant or Sales Engineer with a scaling Pre-Sales team executing an application layer sale while helping to build programs and systems that enabled the team’s success
- You are familiar with front-end web development and implementing tagging solutions OR ETL and data structure transformations
- You are passionate about using a variety of visual mediums, live and static, to develop compelling stories and driving efficiency globally (experience with front-end web development OR UX/UI design are a plus!)
- You can effectively work across different teams and synthesize feedback & learnings to drive strategy
- You are eager to learn about the world of product management, product analytics frameworks, data structures, and helping our future customers get excited about these concepts too
- You get energized by the idea of working with high-performing, highly-collaborative, highly-communicative coworkers
- You are comfortable with public speaking and are willing to invest in personal development to ensure you become the trusted expert in all aspects of our demo experience in the eyes of your internal stakeholders
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, Singapore, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.