Gong.io enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling customer reality.
Director, Customer Success (Mid-Market)
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 1,000 innovative companies like LinkedIn, Hubspot, Service Titan, Pinterest, and Drift trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
As our Director, Customer Success (Mid-Market), you will lead and develop a team of customer success managers for a fast-paced, high-growth company. Your leadership will have a direct impact on the growth and maturity of the mid-market business, the development of your team, and Gong’s operating principle of CREATING RAVING FANS. This position reports into our VP, Customer Success.
- Hire and develop accomplished customer success managers, expanding their customer, product, and domain expertise.
- Own your team's metrics and drive the plan to attain and exceed them - want more!
- Assist your team throughout their customer journeys by deeply understanding customer’s strategic needs and mapping them to the value of Gong
- Build and refine scalable processes to drive deeper customer value while maximizing revenue
- Partner with CS and cross-functional leaders to identify challenges and opportunities to continue improving our customer experience
- Motivate CSMs to perform in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment where our #1 initiative is to Create Raving Fans
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency, and productivity
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in building and managing high performing CSM teams in B2B SaaS companies (in high volume segments, a plus)
- Demonstrated ability leading a customer facing team — strong people management, coaching and development experience (for ICs and managers)
- Have built a successful team from ground up and be ready to roll up your sleeves and do it again
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience selling into or driving strategy with executive stakeholders
- High level of business acumen and understanding of how revenue leaders work and think
- Experience with Gong preferred
PERKS & BENEFITS
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment
Gong is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.