Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, including three of the world’s leaders of self-driving technology, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world’s most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
We’re looking for people who are as excited as we are to solve these complex problems and make this tremendous impact on our future, and who want to be surrounded by great people while we do it. We are hiring a Facilities Technician at our Dallas, Texas location. Facilities for Aurora includes a wide breadth of responsibilities. Our facilities include premium office workspace, hardware development space and machinery, vehicle garages as workspace, and vehicle testing locations.
- Perform building and grounds inspections and identify and execute repairs
- Perform light carpentry, basic electrical, plumbing, painting, and mechanical repairs
- Respond and close work orders in a timely manner
- Perform preventive and scheduled maintenance
- Assist with maintaining clean buildings and grounds
- Assist with event setups, furniture moves, etc.
- Prepare work spaces, office relocations, and office equipment installations/modifications
- Ensure work methods conform to CAL-OSHA safety regulations
- Organize and store facilities materials and equipment
- Perform other facility projects and work tasks as assigned
- Respond to facility emergencies
- Work well and communicate with facilities team
- 3+ years of experience in facilities, hospitality, corporate services, or property management
- Proficient with hand and power tools
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read and follow complex instructions and document processes
- Manages own time efficiently, handles and prioritizes multiple tasks, and meets timelines
- Takes direction and works well independently and as needed on a team
- General knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
- Flexible to work overtime or on weekends to respond to facilities emergencies when occasionally required
- Reliable with strong customer service orientation and follow through
- Proactive and organized with problem-solving skills and excellent judgment
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering self-driving will improve lives around the world, expanding access to transportation, revitalizing cities, giving people more time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.