Intelligence Processing Unit
Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do, really makes a difference.
- Help the current effort of the AI research community, and contribute to cutting edge research in machine intelligence, starting from areas including Deep Learning, Generative Models, Reinforcement Learning, Evolutionary Computing, Sequence Modelling, Large-Scale Distributed Optimization and Low-Precision Numerical Formats.
- Develop new machine learning algorithms, and prototype new architectures and techniques for efficient implementations of increasing complexities.
- Contribute to the progress of machine intelligence research, with the possibility of addressing both the understanding of the basic theory and the practical use of new techniques for a wide range of possible applications.
- Participate to work to identify new directions of AI research, with the aim of contributing to new groundbreaking approaches to computational intelligence. The position will involve the possibility of attending the main research conferences in the field of machine intelligence.
- Contribute to the definition of research activities and conduct the corresponding investigations in specific areas of fundamental and applied research, aiming at publishing the work for discussion within the wider AI research community.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team and with other groups within the company, to develop new ideas and identify research opportunities.
- Interact and work with external institutions and research labs.
- MSc or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related fields, with a strong basis in numerical methods and probability theory.
- In-depth understanding of modern machine learning algorithms and deep learning architectures.
- Basic coding skills (Python, C/C++) and experience of algorithm implementation in modern machine learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- Strong communication skills, and willingness to work in a collaborative environment.
- Publications and/or open-source implementations in the area of machine intelligence will be a plus.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
Please note, we are only considering candidates who have an established right to work in the UK for roles based in Bristol or London, UK.