Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
DevOps Engineering Manager
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We're currently capable of sending 10s of millions of messages per day and bursting to thousands per second, this team must continue to rapidly scale up our capabilities as our customer base grows. In addition the team will be responsible for expanding our messaging capabilities into new areas (FB, WhatsApp, international, push notifications, etc).
This is a hands-on role where you are expected to balance people management, cross-functional leadership, and coding. You should be comfortable letting your tech leads take true ownership of projects while keeping enough of an eye on things to make sure the train stays on the track.
You at Attentive
- You will be an effective people manager who also has the capability to contribute as a highly-technical hands-on infrastructure engineer when the need arises.
- You have experience building scalable and fault tolerant distributed systems.
- You have experience working with a cloud provider (AWS, GCP)
- You will run sprint planning and project planning meetings with your team
- You are highly attentive to your reports' needs and career growth as well as acting project manager
- You will help push DevOps culture and methodologies across an ever-growing Engineering team
- You will partner with other Engineering Managers to plan cross team initiatives
- You will jump into small technical projects to help unblock your team, if time permits
- You will help application teams build and ship complex software productsManage a constantly evolving set of technologies within your teams sphere (EKS, Terraform, Kafka/Kinesis, RDS to name a few)
Product Development at Attentive
- Our backend is Java and Python microservices coupled with DynamoDB, Kinesis, AirFlow, MySql, Postgres, and Redis all hosted on AWS.
- Our frontend is built on current best practices leveraging Babel, Webpack, React, and Redux.
- Our team is 200+ engineers, product managers and designers from top tech companies including Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Moat, Oscar and AppNexus. We believe our company will win in the long run through product innovation.
- To get there, we obsess over iteratively delivering customer value through rapid prototyping and data driven decision making.
Benefits & Perks
- Robust benefits package including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month wellness
- Free delivered lunch and other goodies sent homeFull support for remote working during covid
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.