Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Chief of Staff, CEO
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
The Chief of Staff position combines strategy, operations, and project management skill sets. The ideal candidate is collaborative and outcome-oriented with very strong analysis, project management, and communication skills. They will need to manage many threads at once and effectively hold others accountable. A passion for building product and technology is important to this role. The Chief of Staff will need to adeptly handle shifting priorities and create order out of chaos. They’ll be responsible for spinning up systems to run day-to-day operations more efficiently. Over time, they’ll be responsible for planning and executing more complex and strategic projects.
- Analyze data and conduct research to inform strategic business decisions
- Take a first pass at analyzing important documents and decisions that come across the CEO’s desk
- Drive operational improvements on day-to-day processes within the business broadly and the leadership team
- Create and ensure the successful execution of new processes to enable the organization to scale effectively
- Increase the productivity of meetings with the CEO by owning the planning, agenda, notes, and action items discussed in the meetings
- Provide ad-hoc support on small to large projects as needed
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years of experience in a combination of management consulting and SaaS start-ups
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to distill important concepts for an executive audience
- High level of attention to detail; excellent organizational skills
- Ability to successfully drive simultaneous initiatives; strong project management skills
- Ability to operate well in ambiguous environments
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.